Oct 16, 2010

quick trip

This past Thursday, I was hired by my mom to come home to the Metroplex and help her get...(deep breaths)....an Iphone!  Okay, not really hired....but sorta.  It was time for a new phone, and it was time for some serious iphone 101 sessions.  Let me be very clear when I say that I am in no way a good technical support analyst for this type of thing, but I know enough to explain the basics.  It is always a nice break to come home, and I honestly don't know how some people do it on their own.  Those Apple employees are super sweet, but they really do just ask for you money, activate the phone, smile big with excitement for you, then send you out the door into the land of unknown thumb possibilities.  After battling I35, eating a home cooked meal, Apple store, AT&T store, downloading Itunes, spending about 4 hours in coaching -- we were done!  She is so excited about her new toy, and I think it will change her world a little like it did mine!  I was also able to offer minor assistance to my dad who is a little lost in his Palm Pre land (that phone is nuts).  My favorite part was introducing them both to Pandora.  It was like Christmas for these two:

No wonder families barely talk anymore :)
I was also fortunate to meet up with Channing and my favorite little person, Bridge!  We ate lunch with my mom at Ana Mia's!  This is one of the few, but big downsides of living in Austin.  I'm so far away from my favorite people. 
This was a great quick trip home!  It is such beautiful fall weather in Ft. Worth.  I would have stayed so much longer if I did not have 3 tests waiting for me next week at school.  Still trying to figure out how 10 hrs is taking up so much of my time?? 
Last but not least, I'm so excited about this:  Channing gave me a blessing tree!!! I haven't been that excited in a long time, and I can't wait to fill it up some more once I get some ribbon and paper.  This is the sort of stuff that I can't wait to enjoy once I'm free of school.  I am always excited to see her latest crafts and projects because she is really talented.  I hope she and my mom will decorate my house one day. Here's a preview before I start really counting some blessings: 

No comments:

Post a Comment